2016 Beauty Round Up!
Long time no blog, eh? I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the holiday season a little over-whelming. "I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you just be whelmed?" (name that movie). Anyway, I would love to just be "whelmed" by the holidays. I'm not sure how Americans do the whole Thanksgiving-and-Christmas-only-being-a-month-apart thing without going crazy. As a Canadian I am used to a nice leisurely two and a half month break in between major holidays. Throw in my oldest childs birthday in late November and American Thanksgiving, and I'm a crazed stress-ball who apparently sends everyone their Christmas gifts in mid-Janurary.
But I've moved on. Now that I find myself with so much free time again I thought I would make your life more interesting by letting you in on some of my favorite beauty discoveries from 2016.
1. Love + Roses Beauty Mist. Some sort of rose water facial mist has been part of my skin care routine (re: splashing water on my face and sleeping in my make-up) for the last couple of years (because I love the smell and I'm lazy and whats easier then this?). This is my current favorite, cute bottle, smells great and it tastes good (am I the only one who get this in my mouth every time?).
2. St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub. Thanks to pregnancy hormones and getting older (eek!) I can no longer get away with my beloved water-splashing skin care routine. I've found the only thing that really helps keep all of the acne/dry skin/blackheads at bay is exfoliation. This is the best! It's cheap and easy to procure, both important because I use it everyday. It also has just the right amount of natural exfoliating without making my skin look like I took sandpaper to it.
3.Kaia Natural's The Takesumi Detox Bamboo Charcoal Deodorant in Cold Pressed Rose. So wearing deodorant is pretty new to me, another lovely side-effect of pregnancy hormones is smelling like an onion who ate too much garlic for lunch. Seriously, look it up. I prefer to use natural deodorants and I love this one, though I no longer smell like a Shwarma restaurant. I love the rose scent and the charcoal doesn't seem to transfer onto clothing.
4. Herbivore Botanical's Blue Tansy Resurfacing Clarity Mask. I use this mask a couple of times a week as part of my pre-bed skin care routine. I love how easy it is to use, swipe on a thin layer, wait twenty minutes and wash off. I can't say for sure, but I haven't had a break out since i started using it and i feel like it helps smooth my complexion.
5. Butter London's Iconoclast Mega Volume Lacouer Mascara. I'm a self-admitted mascara snob, it's the only make-up I have any sort of skill with so I get a little bit uppity about it. I love the great coverage, no clumping and good lash separation. I was a little surprised that it claims to be high volume, you would definitely need a couple of coats.
6. Glossier's Generation G in Cake. I can't wear lipstick, I just get it all over my face like a two-year old. I love Generation G because it's got a creamy high pigmented formula that goes on pretty shear and is build-able. This is also the perfect peachy-nude color and I actually wear is as a blush sometimes as well.
8/16/2022 10:41:52 am
Thanks for postinng this
Leave a Reply.