I'm very excited, and a little nervous. And kind of nauseous (but that might be because today is inauguration day...). Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I launched my photography portfolio, so really it's just exciting news for me, gotcha!
In all seriousness this is something that I should have done ages ago but didn't, because I didnt want to 'sell out' aka I'm a scaredy cat. But now its done, yay for self-growth! I'm sure that I will look back at this original version is the next weeks, months, and years to come and laugh and cringe at how terrible and new it is, but for right now I'm pretty pleased with myself.
If you want to take a look you can check it out here, lexcameron.com. If you see something you like and want a print let me know!
Long time no blog, eh? I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the holiday season a little over-whelming. "I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you just be whelmed?" (name that movie). Anyway, I would love to just be "whelmed" by the holidays. I'm not sure how Americans do the whole Thanksgiving-and-Christmas-only-being-a-month-apart thing without going crazy. As a Canadian I am used to a nice leisurely two and a half month break in between major holidays. Throw in my oldest childs birthday in late November and American Thanksgiving, and I'm a crazed stress-ball who apparently sends everyone their Christmas gifts in mid-Janurary.
But I've moved on. Now that I find myself with so much free time again I thought I would make your life more interesting by letting you in on some of my favorite beauty discoveries from 2016.
1. Love + Roses Beauty Mist. Some sort of rose water facial mist has been part of my skin care routine (re: splashing water on my face and sleeping in my make-up) for the last couple of years (because I love the smell and I'm lazy and whats easier then this?). This is my current favorite, cute bottle, smells great and it tastes good (am I the only one who get this in my mouth every time?).
2. St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub. Thanks to pregnancy hormones and getting older (eek!) I can no longer get away with my beloved water-splashing skin care routine. I've found the only thing that really helps keep all of the acne/dry skin/blackheads at bay is exfoliation. This is the best! It's cheap and easy to procure, both important because I use it everyday. It also has just the right amount of natural exfoliating without making my skin look like I took sandpaper to it.
3.Kaia Natural's The Takesumi Detox Bamboo Charcoal Deodorant in Cold Pressed Rose. So wearing deodorant is pretty new to me, another lovely side-effect of pregnancy hormones is smelling like an onion who ate too much garlic for lunch. Seriously, look it up. I prefer to use natural deodorants and I love this one, though I no longer smell like a Shwarma restaurant. I love the rose scent and the charcoal doesn't seem to transfer onto clothing.
4. Herbivore Botanical's Blue Tansy Resurfacing Clarity Mask. I use this mask a couple of times a week as part of my pre-bed skin care routine. I love how easy it is to use, swipe on a thin layer, wait twenty minutes and wash off. I can't say for sure, but I haven't had a break out since i started using it and i feel like it helps smooth my complexion.
5. Butter London's Iconoclast Mega Volume Lacouer Mascara. I'm a self-admitted mascara snob, it's the only make-up I have any sort of skill with so I get a little bit uppity about it. I love the great coverage, no clumping and good lash separation. I was a little surprised that it claims to be high volume, you would definitely need a couple of coats.
6. Glossier's Generation G in Cake. I can't wear lipstick, I just get it all over my face like a two-year old. I love Generation G because it's got a creamy high pigmented formula that goes on pretty shear and is build-able. This is also the perfect peachy-nude color and I actually wear is as a blush sometimes as well.